Volunteers at Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics are an integral part of our healthcare team. Volunteers extend care and compassion in serving the patients, the community, and the staff, thus enhancing our high quality of care.
Our Hospital Volunteers are:
- Responsible and dependable
- Positive in there attitude towards patients, visitors and staff
- Culturally sensitive
- Conscientious of Hospital policies and procedures
Reasons to Volunteer
At Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics, volunteers are welcomed as a significant part of the healthcare team, working with staff to provide quality healthcare and services. There are many reasons to volunteer at Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics:
- Help others
- Use existing skills and develop new skills
- Share ideas
- Explore possible career options
- Give back to your community
- Meet new friends
- Gain experience for entering the workforce
Volunteers at Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics are shown the Hospital's appreciation with:
- Active participation in Hospital special functions
- Free flu shots
- Free PPD screenings
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
Become a Volunteer
Volunteering is a rewarding experience. You can acquire new skills and build new friendships, but most importantly achieve the satisfaction of helping others. We have volunteer opportunities for adults and junior volunteers ages 15 and older.
Some of the areas utilizing volunteer services include, but are not limited to:
- Reception and Information in the Surgical Waiting Area
- Reception and Information in the Emergency Waiting & Patient Registration Area
- Gift Shop
- Treasures Thrift Store
- General clerical areas
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Nursing units
- Emergency Services
Interested in Volunteering?
Once you have decided that becoming a volunteer at Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics is the right decision for you, we ask that you please contact Lonnie Hatman, Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 427-3621 or by e-mail. He will set up a time to meet with you to discuss your goals and interests and available opportunities at Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics.