at Mason General Hospital
It's simple. We have a very caring service in labor and delivery.
One-on-one care, from the latest pain control medications (i.e. epidural) to natural birth; you are in control with your personal birthing plan.
Moms' Needs are Met
One of the important aspects of our labor and delivery department is giving mothers various options in prenatal, delivery, and newborn care. Mothers-to-be now have the choice of using a local obstetrician, a local pediatrician, or a local family practice physicians.
In addition to offering the mothers a wider selection in providers, we work with the practitioner and mother in implementing her selected birth plan.
We support our moms in how they want to give birth — from having the calming atmosphere of family-aided presence to requiring high tech assistance.
Our goal is to support the mother and family members in sharing a positive birth experience by providing individualized, highly-skilled care.
Special features of Mason General Hospital's Birth Center
- Safe and secure nursery and rooms
- Families are welcomed and encouraged to be a part of the special event
- One-on-one care during labor by highly-trained obstetrical registered nurses
- Birth is in a home-like setting — private labor and delivery rooms complete with jacuzzi-type bathtubs, and mother-baby rooms newly remodeled in 2011/2012.
- Baby stays in the room with mom
- Breastfeeding support/instruction, including breast pump rentals form our lactation nurses, and from our Foundation's Auxiliary Gift Shop.
- Comprehensive education after delivery for mom and baby care at home.
- Follow-up phone calls after mom and baby go home to make sure all is going well.
- Free use of in-room telephone for local calls
- Complimentary steak dinner for mom and her partner
- Complimentary MGH certificate with all the birth information and a copy of the baby's footprints
- Every baby goes home with a handmade hat or quilt
- Free cable TV